Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cosmos sulphureus


I seeded Cosmos sulphureus on 13-June-2008. I prepared my own flower bed by mixing manure and soil in 1:3 ratio. Drenched the bed with bavistin solution. The applied the seed on the bed then covered with thin layer of soil and manure mix.

The seeds germinated within 3 days on 16th June.They are growing fast , but lookng lanky.

I have exposed them to partial sun light , from fifth day onwards.

The information about Cosmos sulphureus

Plant Type:
Annual
Height: 2 to 6 feet
Spread: 1 to 3 feet
Bloom Time: June - September
Bloom Color: Yellow
Sun: Full sun
Water: Dry to medium


3 comments:

Chandramouli S said...

Hi Senthil!

I think you should have thinned the seedlings. Also, when you don't provide them enough light, they reach out for light and hence become thin. Anyways, would like to see it flowering. Best luck :)

Anonymous said...

Senthil,
Just got to check your other blogs! I am a fellow tamilian too and with great interest in gardening. Please do post often so that people get benefitted.
I can understand that work load could be a possible reason for not posting :)
All the best.

Unknown said...

Any more success after this ? Visiting other blogs will help and you can hear of successes and failures and get advice for free too :)People will give good tips, if you need them.
I enjoy gardening too.